I just returned from a visit to the Philippines, February 24 through March 3. I traveled with our former director, Ray Paget, and our new board member, John McCastle. John runs Ultrasounds for Life, and Ray has a special interest in grief counseling and hospice care. Together our visit spanned the gamut of pro-life ministry.
Here are some highlights from the trip:
· We provided LIFT training to three groups in Manila and Iloilo, totaling over 150 people. Dr. Mae Corvera, an expert on palliative care and hospice, and other Filipino teachers joined us.
· We met with youth and young adult leaders of Greenhills Christian Fellowhip in Manila the last day of our stay to discuss pregnancy care center ministry outreach. The team is praying and strategically thinking about possibly starting a PCC in Manila. Please pray for them.
· Ray and I each spoke to about 200 young adults in chapel at Doane Baptist Seminary. What an amazing opportunity to bring the Word of God to these young Christian leaders in the Philippines!
· We visited a hospice center with Dr. Corvera and had the chance to minister to families there.
· We also presented the ministry of Life Matters Worldwide to pastors and a church leadership group of 50 people.
One of the participants, Marie Bacaling, said, "Thank you so much for sharing with us your knowledge and time! Now it's like an awakening for me to pursue this ministry!"
1. Please pray with our Philippine partners as they consider undertaking further ministry through pregnancy care center ministry and LIFT.
2. Specifically, pray that we’ll be able to bring abstinence educator Melisa Serata over for our June 20-21 Summit, where she can learn more about starting a PCC. We need roughly $2,000 to do that.
View more photos here.
-- Tom Lothamer, president