How much do you know about President Obama's Health Care package? Does it really include what some are calling a "Death Panel" designed to refuse medical care to those who need it most? Will this cost control work?
These are questions that Howard Dean (former Democratic Presidential Candidate) addressed on Monday. Dean authored an Op-Ed Article in the Wall Street Journal sharing his concerns regarding the law.
As Obamacare launches, all citizens should ask the following questions:
- Who will serve on this committee? Currently the "Death Panel" or IPAB (Independent Panel Advisory Board) will be appointed by the President. In the words of Representative Paul Ryan, the members are "15 unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats in charge of Medicare...”
- How will it affect the lives of our elderly? Dean claims, “By setting doctor reimbursement rates for Medicare and determining which procedures and drugs will be covered and at what price, the IPAB will be able to stop certain treatments its members do not favor by simply setting rates to levels where no doctor or hospital will perform them."
BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Become informed. Spend 2 minutes reviewing Dean's article! It will provide the information you need.
- Pray. "pray continually," 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Vote. "Rescue those being lead away to death; hold back those staggering towards slaughter. If you say, "We knew nothing about this," does not HE who weighs the heart perceive it? Proverbs 24:!1-12a
- Support programs that value the end of life. Do you know about LIFT? LIFT is a ministry of compassionate care to people with chronic or terminal illnesses. It includes their loved ones, who are facing extraordinary pressures that can be physically, emotionally, and spiritually draining.
We worship a God who values all life. Let us committee, together, to follow his lead.